- Wash, pare, and cut in quarters new French turnips.
- Steam until tender, mash, pressing out all water that is possible.
- This is best accomplished by wringing in cheese−cloth.
- Season one and one−fourth cups with salt and pepper, then add yolks of two eggs slightly beaten.
- Cool, shape in small croquettes, dip in crumbs, egg, and crumbs again, fry in deep fat, and drain.
- Visits: 82
- Reviews: 4 stars according to 1 voters
- Category: Turnips Recipe
Related recipes to Turnip Croquettes
Minestra of Rice and Turnips Recipe
Cut three or four young turnips into slices and put them on a dish, strew a little salt over...
Polenta Laced with Truffle Recipe
Place cornmeal, salt, pepper and milk in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir...
Mashed Turnip Recipe
Wash and pare turnips, cut in slices or quarters, and cook in boiling salted water until...
Creamed Turnip Recipe
Wash turnips, and cut in one−half inch cubes. Cook three cups cubes in boiling salted...
Hot Turnip Green and Tasso Dip Recipe
If tasso is unavailable in your area, you may wish to substitute ham, bacon or heavy smoked...